(click to show Brawl trivia)
|Acceleration from gravity
|Fastfalling acceleration boost
|Normal terminal velocity
|Fastfalling terminal velocity
|Base horizontal acceleration
|Horizontal deceleration boost
|Maximum horizontal air speed
Luigi is a solid character in Brawl except for a sometimes fatal flaw: the combination of short attack range and poor approach options.
Lower cooldown on Luigi’s fireball single-handedly fixes this. In addition, Luigi’s dash attack hits now trip! This makes the move reliable and fits Luigi’s goofy style.
These changes let Luigi bring his intense close-range destruction into more matchups. Shoryuken!
Balanced Brawl Bonus: Mega Firepower
- This change is a significant reduction in the cool down of Luigi’s Fireball projectile. It is now so fast that he can viably use it as a flexible long-range poke.
Other Major Changes
- Dash attack now reliably links together; the early hits trip, and the final hit is more powerful.
Full Technical Change List
- Dash attack loop hitbox 0-1 properties: Element (None -> Slip)
- Dash attack final hitbox 0-2 properties: Damage (2 -> 5)
- Fireball: interruptible on frame 33 (previously on frame 41)